PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information from sources such as yourself, data partners and about device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Categories of Information We Collect:
- Your contact details (e.g. your name, address, email address, telephone number and username).
- Payment information (e.g. bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information).
- Demographic information (e.g. race, ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation).
- Purchase history & preferences (e.g. records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies).
- Internet activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, or questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms or by email).
- Inferences (e.g. inferences about your about personal preferences and attributes drawn from profiling).
- Online identifiers (e.g. IP address, ADID/IDFA, cookie IDs, internal identification numbers).
- Location data (e.g. your city, state or country information).
- Application information (for job applicants) (e.g. your passport number, driver’s license or other state identification card number, education, and employment information)
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
- To communicate with you, including to process your requests for products/services and/or information.
- To register your Account.
- To improve our Service, including to better understand our customer base, meet our diversity and inclusion goals; and to help our business partners do the same.
- To enforce our User Agreement, and for the administration and protection of our business.
- To comply with applicable law, regulations, and legal and regulatory processes.
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
If you opt-in to do so, we may use your name and email address for our marketing purposes and to help our business partners with their marketing.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests. Your interests and preferences are inferred from data we collect regarding what types of content you have interacted with, how long you interacted with them, how often you interacted with them, and the nature of your interaction with the content
- Facilitate contests, promotions etc. and process and deliver entries and rewards
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services and personalize and improve the Services
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the site and others
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the data was collected.
- We share your personal data within our legal entities where necessary to fulfill a contract or precontractual measures, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so or a legal obligation to do so.
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who process your data on our behalf when they provide services to us, for example data analytics, ad networks, research, marketing and financial services;
- With third parties who use it for their own purposes if you have provided consent;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- We may be legally required to disclose or share your personal data without your consent in some circumstances, for example to comply with a court order or law enforcement. In such circumstances, we will only disclose your personal data if we have a good-faith belief that such sharing is required under applicable legal obligations.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our ad partners and service providers so that we, and they, can understand how people use our Services; this helps us grow our business and improve and develop our products and services. We may also share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you sign up for a promotion or subscribe to or create an Account to use our Services, we use your personal data to help us decide which products, services and offers may be of interest to you. We will send marketing messages to you if you have asked us to send you information, bought goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your Account or our ongoing business relations. We will ask for your consent before we share your personal data with any third party for direct marketing purposes.
You may unsubscribe from marketing messages through a link we include on messages we send you. You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages via our contact us here.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. We also use the analytics tools provided by the social media platforms to help us to understand how people interact with our social media presence, to identify trends and to carry out joint promotional activities with those platforms. For example, sometimes we agree with a social media platform that we will jointly promote certain content.
We also use the analytics tools provided by the social media platforms to help us to understand how people interact with our social media presence, to identify trends and to carry out joint promotional activities with those platforms. For example, sometimes we agree with a social media platform that we will jointly promote certain content.
We receive aggregated statistical information from social media platforms about the performance of our posts and promoted content, such as numbers of views and kinds of viewers. This data is aggregated and anonymized by the social media platform prior to being made available to us.
We also use the paid advertising and paid content tools provided by the social media platforms to help us carry out advertising campaigns for our ad partners and to promote our content on the social media platforms. Again, we receive from the social media platforms only aggregated statistical information about interactions with our ads and paid content, such as number of views, number of times shared and so on.
We process information provided to us by the social media platforms on the basis of our legitimate interest in interacting with our audience on social media and using social media to promote our content.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features or your use of the social media platforms, please visit the privacy policies of the respective entities at the following links:
- Facebook and Instagram – https://en-gb.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- YouTube – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/en/privacy-policy
- Pinterest – https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
- Tumblr – https://www.tumblr.com/privacy
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
Cookies and similar technologies allow us to collect the following types of personal data: a unique ID assigned to your device; IP address; device and browser type; operating system; referring URLs; content viewed or other actions taken through our Services; time and date of those actions; country and language selected.
Browsers and devices have tools that allow you to disable cookies on sites and apps. If you disable cookies you may not be able to access all the features of our services. We suggest that you keep our essential cookies (described below) active for a better user experience and to help us keep improving and developing our products and services.
Our Services use our own cookies to recognize you and remember you as a unique user.
- Session cookies remember you during your session on our Services. They are deleted when you log out of the Services and when you close your web browser. Session cookies are used to ensure you are served content correctly, to balance and monitor load on our servers, and for other technical matters essential to the operation of our Services. You can configure your device to reject these cookies, but our Services will probably not work correctly, or at all, if you do.
- Consent cookies are used by our consent management platform we employ to record your preferences about third party cookies described below, and to store and share your preference with those third parties. These cookies are essential for compliance with the legal obligations imposed on us and on third parties with whom we have a business relationship to ensure we request your consent, record your consent preferences, and act on such consent preferences
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES: ADVERTISING AND AFFILIATE LINKS
Our ad partners and our affiliate links partners collect personal data from you for the purposes they disclose through our cookie consent management platform.
- Ad partners include ad networks such as third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
- Affiliate links partners pay us when you buy things from them or another third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- We keep your personal data for as long as found fit for purpose. The tenure is decided by considering the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, why we need it, and any relevant legal requirements (such as legal retention and destruction periods).
- We may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us here.